Do you love Tarantino’s arty works or are you a fan of David Attenborough’s documentaries? Do you want to show with breathtaking pictures or with creative animation how much loss we suffer with the degradation of our biodiversity or the over consumption of fossil fuels?
Do you want to participate in a new international environmental movement that builds the basic of a green film festival? If you say YES, then this is your place! Spread your environmental message and your talent, and even win with it!
Participate in the II. International Green-Go Short Film Festival, be a part of the message to show people how much we should preserve our natural heritage that are key for our lives, how much we should turn to alternative energy sources to halt climate change and how much we should respect our cultural heritage built on our environment.
The Short Film Categories are:
Energy (R)evolution in the International Year of Sustainable Energy for All
Let’s Celebrate European Nature Together – 20th Anniversary of the Habitats Directive
Explore Cultural and Biological Diversity – our Essence of Life
The short film should be:
• A campaign film with maximum of 60 seconds showing wittily or shockingly one of the categories
• any other genre with a relevant environmental message with the length between 60 seconds and 8 minutes
• uploaded to Youtube/Vimeo in high resolution (at least 720px wide)
• Filled out online application form
• Attached Youtube/Vimeo video link
• Attached time-coded subtitle file (.srt) in English
• Attached two still pictures from the movie (min. 300 dpi)
• Attached one picture of the director (min. 300 dpi)
• Trailer, if available
• Deadline: November 5, 2012 CET 18:00
• One Applicant can only submit a maximum of three videos (for each entry, separate
• online application should be filled out).
No restrictions listed.
The received short films will be selected based on:
• strength of environmental and conservation messages
in each category according to the category-specific jury consisting of a journalist, film professional and a relevant NGO member. In each category, the jury will select one first-place award.
• One award-winner in each category: 350 Euros (Altogether three times 350 Euros)
• Public-award for one film based on the online public votes: 200 Euros