With the busy summer riding season upon us, the ATV Safety Institute, the Right Rider Access Fund and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation’s Dirt Bike School encourage kids to enter the “Do the Ride Thing” Video Contest. The contest, in its fourth year, runs June 1 to August 15, 2013, and offers 19 prizes totaling $8,500. Students ages six to 18 may enter. The winning videos will be used as public service announcements to highlight the importance of dirt bike and ATV safety.
Video PSA Requirements:
1. The PSA video must be either 15, 30 or 60 seconds in length, inclusive of all titles and credits and should close with a visual referral to atvsafety.org if featuring ATVs exclusively or to dirtbikeschool.org if featuring dirt bikes exclusively or if your PSA includes both ATVs and dirt bikes refer to riderfund.org.
2. Each video PSA must cover one or more ATV Safety “Golden Rules” or one or more of the MSF “Dirt Bike Riding Tips”.
3. You may enter multiple versions of your PSA (i.e. 15, 30 and 60 second versions).
4. All entries must be new, original creation of the entrant(s). The PSA cannot have been submitted in a previous promotion or contest.
5. A signed Appearance Consent and Release Form for the entrant and each person appearing in the PSA, and his/her parent/guardian if he/she is a minor (under the age of 18).
6. By submitting a video, all entrants grant ASI, MSF and RRAF a non-exclusive license to air the video in any manner and medium whatsoever, with no compensation (other than any prize money awarded to you).
7. Please note that incomplete entries and those submitted after the deadline, August 15, 2013 at 11:59PM PST will not be considered.
Students: Ages 6 to 18. Students will be grouped according to age ranges: 6-10 years old, 11-14 years old, and 15-18 years old.
Entries will be reviewed by a panel of ASI, MSF and RRAF associates, members and affiliates, whose decisions are final.
There will be three winners in each of the three age categories: 6-10, 11-14, and 15-18 and in two product categories ATV and dirt bike. 1st Place winners earn $500, 2nd Place is $300, and 3rd Place is $200. Plus, all age and product categories are eligible to win the $2,500 Grand Prize. The 19 prizes total $8,50
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions in the comments below.