The SeeFlik Short Film Competition is an online contest open to all legal residents of the United States 15 years of age or older. The purpose of this contest is to discover and reward the talent and hard work of filmmakers whose voices have yet to be heard. The winners will be determined by a panel of judges.
1. The Film must be an original motion picture no longer than twenty-five (25) minutes in duration
2. The Film must be submitted by uploading their Film digitally via the Website per the Website’s instructions.
3. The Film (including the copyright in the Film) must be exclusively owned by either the entrant (and, if applicable, any other contributors identified at the time of entry). Any third parties who rendered services for the Film (e.g., actors, cinematographer, and editor) must have agreed in writing to render such services as a work-made-for-hire for entrant and that entrant (and, if applicable, any other contributors identified at the time of entry) exclusively owns all results and proceeds of such services.
4. The Film must not have been commercially exploited (nor will be during the Competition Period).
5. The Film must not depict or refer to any brand or trademark, except incidental usage which is not disparaging and does not depict any branded or trademarked product being used in manner other than as the manufacturer intended.
6. The Film must not contain any material that violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, or rights of privacy or publicity, or contain any material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, or whose use requires a license or permission from or payment to any third party.
7. The entrant must have written consent from all individuals appearing in the Film (or any such individual’s parent or legal guardian, if the person depicted is a Minor) to use their name, voice and/or likeness in and in connection with the Film (including, without limitation, the promotion thereof), and to the extent necessary for the submission of the Film to the Competition and the use of the Film as permitted by, and exercise of the rights to the Film granted in, Section 10 of these Official Rules.
8. If any locations, artwork, music or other third party materials are depicted in the Film, the entrant must have written consent from the owners of the rights thereto to use such materials in and in connection with the Film and to the extent necessary for the submission of the Film to the Competition and the use of the Film as permitted by, and exercise of the rights to the Film granted in, Section 10 of these Official Rules.
9. The Film must not contain any material that is defamatory, pornographic, or is primarily intended to support the campaign of a candidate for public office.
10. Entrant is not in breach of any contract (oral or written) that entrant entered into with a third party or the terms of any release that entrant obtained in connection with the Film.
Due July 30, 2012
The SeeFlik Short Film Competition (“Competition”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are fifteen (15) years of age or older as of the date of entry.
All eligible Films received during the Submission Period will be reviewed by a panel of judges chosen in SeeFlik’s sole discretion (“Judges”). Such judging will be based on the following equally weighted criteria: originality, aesthetic quality, technical quality, story and overall impression (“collectively, the “Criteria”). The entrants that receive the top three (3) scores will be declared the First Place, Second Place and Third Place winners, respectively. The entrants that receive the next top four (4) scores will receive honorable mentions.
Winners will be awarded with $15,000 in cash and prizes. There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner, as well as four honorable mentions. The first place winner will receive $5,000, the second place winner will receive $2,500, and the third place winner will receive $1,000. All winners and honorees will also receive $850 worth of film industry software, courtesy of Showbiz Software/Media Services. In addition, the first place winner will have the opportunity to accept a 3 month paid production internship at the popular and award-winning news and entertainment website Salon.com. All winners will have the chance to meet with David Greenblatt, the co-founder of the Endeavor Talent Agency, who has represented industry titans such as James Cameron, David Lynch, and Aaron Sorkin. David will serve as a mentor and will help advance the careers of these emerging filmmakers.
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions in the comments below.