We’ve always known our PERDUE® chicken was good, but with our new USDA Process Verified seal, now we know it’s VERIFIABLY GOOD.
Perdue is the FIRST poultry company to have a USDA Process Verified seal.
And in honor of that, we want to name one worthy chef Verifiably Good! Let us see your tips, tricks and techniques for preparing chicken and then ask for that verification by ending your video with the phrase: “Perdue, verify MY process!”
So, grab your supplies, your video camera and of course, some PERDUE® USDA Process Verified Chicken, and let your culinary skills shine.
Video Entry submissions must:
- End with the phrase “Perdue, verify MY process!”
- Showcase your best tips, tricks, techniques and recipes for preparing or serving your favorite chicken.
- Be a minimum of one (1) minute and a maximum of three (3) minutes in length.
- Be in the English language.
- Be your original idea.
- Be creative and let your personality shine!
- Demonstrate proper food safety
- Be in a format that can be uploaded to Shycast’s website, i.e. mpeg (recommended), mov (recommended), qt, avi, mp4, mpe, mpg, or wmv (least recommended) with a Maximum file size of 100 MB (Video Entries may be filmed with a handheld video camera, webcam or mobile device).
- Be clear and easy to hear and understand.
Video Entry submissions must NOT:
- Exceed three (3) minutes in play time and/or 100 MB in file.
- Use or reference other brand names; use generic terms like “mayonnaise” or “Italian dressing”
- Use any music – let your process speak for itself
- Contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
- Include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property.
- Include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, sculptures, or music that is written, performed or produced by third parties.
- Include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized entrant to display their image, likeness or voice in any submitted video or otherwise use such image, likeness or voice in accordance with these Official Rules.
Submission deadline is Noon Eastern Time, March 28, 2011.
All contest details, official rules and entries are at http://perdue.shycast.com/
The contest is only open and offered to legal residents of the following states: Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia, and Wisconsin, who are 18 years or older as of February 1, 2011, and are not employed or affiliated with Perdue Farms, Inc. (“Perdue”).
There is a two-part process. A panel of judges will select finalists based on Preparation or Cooking Process (25 points); Creativity (25 points); Personality (25 points); Proper and Safe Food Handling (25 points) in the first round from March 28 – April 3, 2011.
Up to 10 finalists will be judged in the second round from April 4 – April 18, 2011, by two groups: a panel of food and media experts and the public. The criteria you’ll be judged on includes Preparation or Cooking Process (40 points); Creativity (30 points); and Personality (30 points). The judges’ scores will be worth 65% of the ballot and the public votes will be worth 35%.
- Grand Prize is $4,000 cash and a year’s supply of PERDUE® Chicken!
- First Prize is $1,000 cash and a year’s supply of PERDUE® Chicken!
- Second Prize is a year’s supply of PERDUE® Chicken!
A year’s supply of PERDUE® Chicken will be awarded at fifty-two (52) $10 coupons.
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions in the comments below.