Best of RVing is more than a treasure trove of RV-critical information, it’s a place to share your favorite RV stories, photos and videos about your most amazing experiences on the road and at the destination.
Submit your best stories and get votes to win within the 6 categories below:
• Oops! Bloopers & video outtakes: Funny mistakes, accidents and mishaps on the road
• Pay it Forward: Heartfelt stories of people helping people and random acts of kindness
• Pet Stories: The funniest, most heartwarming, and unique stories, photos and videos about your furry friends
• Outdoor epiphanies: The ah-ha moments that drive your camping lifestyle, the amazing wildlife, the scenic places that inspired you
• Camping with kids: Pint-and quart-size humor and original stories about camping with kids & grandkids
• Head turning RV mods & upgrades: RV modifications, decorating, and tricked out RV photos & videos
• Timing: The Promotion begins on May 17, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on August 31, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). The Sweepstakes runs throughout the duration of the Promotion Period. The Contest consists of three (3) monthly entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as set forth in the chart below.
Entry Period Starts at 12:00 a.m. ET Ends at 11:59 p.m. ET Contest Finalists notified on/around
June May 17, 2012 June 30, 2012 July 18, 2012
July July 1, 2012 July 31, 2012 August 15, 2012
August August 1, 2012 August 31, 2012 September 12, 2012
• The Submission must be in .jpg, .png, or .gif format (for photo);
• The Submission must not exceed 5 MB in size (for photo);
• The Submission must be in avi, dv, mov, qt, mpg, mpg2, mpg4, 3gp, 3g2, asf, or wmv format (for video);
• The Submission must not exceed two (2) minutes in length (for video);
• The Submission must not exceed one (1) GB in size (for video);
• The Submission must be a minimum of five hundred (500) characters and cannot exceed five thousand (5,000) characters in length (for description);
• The Submission must be in English; and
• The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind.
RV Stories (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry.
Following the conclusion of each Entry Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will score all eligible Submissions uploaded in each Category during that Entry Period based on the following Judging Criteria:
Quality of Submission (30%);
Fit to Contest Theme (30%); and
Public Appeal (10%)
The entrant with the highest-scoring Submission in the Category in which his/her Submission was uploaded will be deemed the potential Finalist from that Entry Period’s Category. Six (6) potential Finalists will be selected per Entry Period, one (1) for each Category.
Grand Prize Winners: Following the conclusion of the Promotion Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will re-score each Finalist Submission based on the same Judging Criteria listed above.
Grand Prize winner in each category at the end of the summer. Grand Prize winners will each receive $5,000!
Also, monthly prizes by category will be awarded.
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions in the comments below.