Lights, Camera, Pour Video Contest – 2 full registrations to LA Wine Experience – Over 21 yo – Due August 21, 2012
Lights! Camera! Pour! Submit your video to Wine Spectator’s Sixth Annual Video Contest. Just make it short, educational and entertaining. Storytelling is in; straight-on commercials are out. Become a star! Your video will have a big, big audience on WineSpectator.com if it is selected as a finalist by our editors. The public picks the winner.
• Videos must be a minimum of 45 seconds long and must not exceed 3 minutes.
• The entrant and all persons appearing in the video or in any way associated with its production must be 21 years of age or older.
• Videos must not contain any copyrighted material (including copyrighted background music).
• Videos must be the entrant’s original creation.
• Wine Spectator is not responsible for any wine reviews or opinions contained in entrants’ videos.
• Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
• If your video includes persons other than yourself, you must have consent from those persons to appear in your video and in this contest.
• Multiple entries are allowed, but each entrant can receive only one Wine Experience or Grand Tour prize, as well as one membership to WineSpectator.com.
• All submitted videos may be used for promotional purposes by Wine Spectator.
The video file size must be no larger than 500MB.
We accept these video file formats: mpeg, mov and avi
Everyone can enter—whether you’re a wine lover, wine region rep or a winery, retailer or sommelier, rapper, lawyer, chef or videographer—as long as you are at least 21 years old.
Picking the Finalists: Wine Spectator editors will select the best videos, which will be posted at WineSpectator.com on Monday, September 10, 2012.
Picking the Winner: Visitors to WineSpectator.com will vote for their favorite video during the voting period, which runs Monday, September 10, through Monday morning, September 17. The video with the most votes will be the winner. Note: only 1 vote per IP address will be counted.
Announcing the Winner: The second- and third-place videos will be revealed on Monday, September 17, at WineSpectator.com. The top video will be revealed on Tuesday, September 18. Honorable Mention videos will also be revealed on September 20.
1. The creator of the winning video will receive two full complimentary registrations to the Wine Experience in Los Angeles on October 18–20, 2012. The winning video may be shown as part of the official program, a $3,750 value.
2. The finalists, as chosen by our editors, will each receive two tickets to one of the Grand Tastings at the Wine Experience in Los Angeles on October 18 or 19, 2012. If they are unable to make that date, finalists may attend any one of the 2013 Grand Tour Tastings (dates and locations TBD). Finalists’ videos will be posted at WineSpectator.com as will a number of honorable mentions.
3. Everyone who submits a video judged by our editors as a valid submission will receive a one-year full-access membership to WineSpectator.com, which includes over 250,000 wine reviews and all ten wine courses at WineSpectator.com/school. Current members will receive an extension of their membership. (Only one entry prize per entrant.)