Lights! Camera! Pour! Video Contest – 2 passes to the 2012 Wine Experience in LA – Over 21 – Due August 31, 2012
Wine Spectator’s 6th Annual Contest – Share your wine story and earn great prizes.
Submit your video to Wine Spectator’s Sixth Annual Video Contest. Make it short, educational and entertaining. Storytelling is in; straight-on commercials are out.
• Submission deadline: Friday, August 31 (with a grace period thru midnight on Monday, September 3)
• Finalists revealed and voting begins: Monday, September 10
Videos must be a minimum of 45 seconds long and must not exceed 3 minutes.
The video file size must be no larger than 500MB.
We accept these video file formats: mpeg, mov and avi
Everyone can enter—whether you’re a wine lover, wine region rep or a winery, retailer or sommelier, rapper, lawyer, chef or videographer—as long as you are at least 21 years old.
Picking the Finalists: Wine Spectator editors will select the best videos, which will be posted at WineSpectator.com on Monday, September 10, 2012.
Picking the Winner: Visitors to WineSpectator.com will vote for their favorite video during the voting period, which runs Monday, September 10, through Monday morning, September 17. The video with the most votes will be the winner. Note: only 1 vote per IP address will be counted.
1. The creator of the winning video will receive two full complimentary registrations to the Wine Experience in Los Angeles on October 18–20, 2012. The winning video may be shown as part of the official program.
2. The finalists, as chosen by our editors, will each receive two tickets to one of the Grand Tastings at the Wine Experience in Los Angeles on October 18 or 19, 2012. If they are unable to make that date, finalists may attend any one of the 2013 Grand Tour Tastings (dates and locations TBD). Finalists’ videos will be posted at WineSpectator.com as will a number of honorable mentions.
3. Everyone who submits a video judged by our editors as a valid submission will receive a one-year full-access membership to WineSpectator.com, which includes over 250,000 wine reviews and all ten wine courses at WineSpectator.com/school. Current members will receive an extension of their membership. (Only one entry prize per entrant.)
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions in the comments below.