AIDS is going to lose.
Around the globe, there is a feeling of momentum surrounding the fight against HIV/AIDS. Recent scientific gains have been cause for unprecedented optimism. Equally important, we have seen the success that comes from spreading information.
At Chevron, AIDS is personal to us. Our company is based in the San Francisco Bay area and has operations in places around the globe where the grip of AIDS is strongest. And so we want your help spreading information to the world.
We’ve lost too many co-workers, family members and friends to the disease. So for over 25 years, we’ve been fighting back.
And we’ve never been more optimistic about beating HIV/AIDS than we are today.
We’ve seen how awareness can reduce the stigma. How education can encourage testing and treatment. And how spreading information is one of the key factors in preventing mother-to-child transmissions.
In our Angola operations, we’ve had no reported cases of mother-to-child transmission among our employees and their qualified dependents for 8 years. In Nigeria, it’s been 12 years.
We are big believers that spreading information will help the world beat AIDS.
And so we want your help spreading information to the world.
• Video length up to a maximum of 300 seconds (shorter is also ok, minimum 60 seconds).
• For this project, Chevron is looking for contributions from around the world. Videos may be in any language. If your video is not in English please provide BOTH:
o A version without subtitles and an English-language transcript translation so that we may add subtitles,
o A version with subtitles.
• Include an English-language text transcript of all spoken content in your video. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org with your username, title of your video, and contest name all noted in the subject line.
• Do NOT mention Chevron in your video, and do NOT use any Chevron branding in your film. Make it YOUR film, YOUR story, both in content and style.
• An end card is now available in this contest’s “Materials” tab. The end card will explain that your video was entered into a Zooppa contest sponsored by Chevron and why Chevron sponsored the contest. Your video must use the end card provided in your final submission. Use either the black text on a white background or the white text on a black background depending on which version better suits the style of your video. You need to only use one version. This two-part end card animation must appear at the conclusion of your video and play through to completion. If your video includes credits, please display the end card at the conclusion of your credits.
• Your video should be shot in HD.
• All music, images, video footage and other content must be either originally produced by the filmmaker submitting the video, or proper permissions must be authorized by the copyright owner. Proper permissions must include the right for the filmmaker to use the content commercially.
• You must provide a signed release from each person whose name, voice, or likeness (still photograph or video performance) appears in your video. When the individual is a minor (under 18 years of age), the release must be signed by a legal guardian. The release must be in the form of the Performance Consent and Release form found in the “Materials” tab. Forms must be sent to email@example.com at the time of upload with your username, title of video, and contest title all noted in the subject line. Zooppa reserves the right to disqualify submissions from the competition for failure to comply with these requirements.
• Videos must be submitted no later than October 29, 2012 at 4pm PST for consideration.
• This contest will be moderated. Before your video appears live, it will be checked to make sure it fulfills all requirements of the brief, including receipt of all documents, (Performer Consent and Release forms, English transcript)
The Contest is open to the public except for the following exceptions. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Employees of Chevron, and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, contractors, agents, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household as such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. Government officials and employees of government agencies of any country are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
A judging panel comprised of Chevron representatives will review all eligible entries/videos based on the following criteria: an authentic, compelling story (40%), capturing the spirit of the “AIDS is Going to Lose” brief (40%), and the technical quality of your HD video (20%). The decisions of the judging panel shall determine the winners of the contest; the contest judging is classified by Zooppa as “Featured Brand Choice Awards.”
1st Place $40,000
2nd Place $25,000
3rd Place $15,000
4th Place $8,000
5th Place $5,000
6th Place $2,500
7th Place $1,500
8th Place $1,000
9th Place $1,000
10th Place $1,000
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions in the comments below.