Are you a filmmaker looking for a challenge and some extra money? If so, they invite you to participate in the 2012 DATABASE SECURITY VIDEO SMACKDOWN! Win up to $2,000!
Application Security, Inc. (AppSecInc) is looking for teams or individuals to create an original two minute (or less) video short that mentions the importance of database security. They are not asking you to create a video about database security (although you are more than welcome to.) The only requirement is that the importance of database security is mentioned within your video.
The goal of the Database Security Video Smackdown is for teams or individuals to create an original 2 minute (or less) video in a genre of their choice. The video must mention the importance of Database Security – although the concept of Database Security does not need to be central to the video. It merely needs to be mentioned.
* Each filmmaker (or filmmaking team) will be required to incorporate the following line somewhere in the video.
“Database Security is Important”
* All videos submitted must be a maximum of (2) two minutes in duration.
* Refer to the credits section for specific content that must be included.
* The videos must meet the requirements of YouTube and cannot contain content that violates the submission standards of YouTube. You may not harm real animals or people in the making of your video.
Entry Fee: There is no entry fee, but submissions are limited to a maximum of two videos per person or team.
Entry Deadline: All completed videos must be submitted no later than 5:00 PM (ET) December 6, 2012.
Format: Entries must be submitted via the Application Security, Inc. group on YouTube The video must be in .wmv, .avi, .mov, or .mpg file formats. Videos must not exceed 500MB total size. Resolution of finalist videos must be suitable for projection on a 42inch flat screen monitor. Application Security, Inc. reserves the right to eliminate entrants that do not meet the resolution requirements.
Label: Each submission must include the following information: YEAR, TEAM/FILMMAKER NAME, TITLE OF VIDEO, RUNNING TIME, CONTACT INFO (phone and/or email).
* Written credits for key technical and talent positions should be provided to organizers (i.e. director, cinematographer, editor, writer, actors/actresses) including any music and/or footage sources. On-screen credits for technical and talent positions are not required.
* If on-screen credits are included, they should be listed on one screen at the end, trailer-style, and not rolling for minutes like they would at the end of a feature.
* All videos MUST include both a title treatment for the video and a separate card credit that includes the Application Security Web site URL and Logo. The card credit should read:
Created for The Database Security Video Smackdown www.appsecinc.com
Videos must be submitted and received no later than 5:00 PM (ET), December 6, 2012.
Anyone can enter the Database Security Video Smackdown contest. There are no age restrictions and entry is open to amateurs and professionals alike.
Entries will be judged on creativity, technical merit, adherence to contest criteria, and “How well they manage to work the whole Database Security thing into the video.” These are clearly subjective categories and will be treated as such. The judges will not use a point system. The final Audience Award and any runners-up will be awarded based solely on the audience ballot.
The first place winner will be awarded a prize of $2,000. Finalists will receive prizes of $500 and all videos will be featured on the Application Security, Inc. Website, Facebook page and YouTube Channel.
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions in the comments below.