Provence is one of the most beautiful regions on earth. L’Occitane is a beauty brand that has captured the essence of Provence and offers a range of high quality, natural, authentic and sensorial beauty products inspired by this unique region.
Create an original, natural and sensorial way for L’Occitane to recommend women or men the most relevant beauty products, according to their type of skin and their beauty objectives based on L’Occitane’s tested expertise in the beauty category.
Due April 12, 2012
Accepted formats are: *.mov;*.avi;*.mpg;*.mpeg; *.flv;*.wmv;*.3gp;*.mp4;*.vob;*.avs;*.mts;*.m2ts
Size: 640×480 minimum, 25 images per second
Encoding: MPEG 4, H/264, XVID, Quicktime.
Video: 400 kb/s minimum
Audio encoding: MP3
Audio: 64 kb/s minimum
Create an original, natural and sensorial way for l’Occitane to recommend the most relevant beauty products, according to the type of skin and the beauty objectives.
We are mostly interested in online or mobile applications but you can also think of ideas that take place in a L’Occitane shop, booklets, something for home, to use with friends or alone… any original tool, experience, device that will help a woman or a man get a recommendation on the best L’Occitane products for them through a high quality, natural, authentic and sensorial experience.
You can find inspiration by looking at pictures or videos of Provence and going through L’Occitane ‘s website (L’Occitane website: http://uk.loccitane.com/FO/Home.aspx
) to really understand the beauty and uniqueness of the brand. You can also research what skincare diagnosis/product recommendation tools are there from beauty brands. Most of them are pretty “techy”, boring and linear. Imagine how they could be made more natural, authentic, and sensorial like only L’Occitane can do.
How does a skincare diagnosis tool usually work?
This if for reference only, you are free to reinvent it:
1. The person is asked questions about its skin and lifestyle (to check its age, to see if she has dry skin, assess its skin colour, whether she are sensitive to the sun, often exposed to pollution…). Sometimes there are colour references that people can use to identify their skin tone more accurately. Sometimes in some shops the sales assistant will use an electronic skin analyser that use small electrical currents to assess whether you skin is sufficiently hydrated.
2. A program or person will then recommend a product, or a suite of products to be used to help solve the problems the person have and help it reach its beauty goals (such as not having dry skin or looking more radiant in the morning)
Minors wishing to participate must present a signed waiver from a parent/legal guardian, from both parents when applicable, who will acknowledge that they have read the terms and conditions of these Rules including the schedules hereto. The Company and Eyeka will require the participant to provide such authorization, at any time prior to supplying the winner(s) with the prize.
We are looking for original, new ideas that are truely relevant to L’Occitane. Your idea cannot just be something that competitor brands can do but something that only l’Occitane could do well.
Your ideas will inspire the development of L’Occitane’s new skincare recommendation tool.
• #1 Prize 3,000€ or equivalent
• #2 Prize 1,500€ or equivalent
• #3 Prize 500€ or equivalent