If you think about it, New Orleans has always pushed us out of our comfort zones and courageously, introduced us to the new.
To prove that to you, New Orleans has become the home of the Voodoo Music Festival. The Voodoo Experience is held in New Orleans the weekend before Halloween. It includes an audience of over 150,000 and some of the world’s top bands. This year, that list includes Jack White, Skrillex, Nas and even Metallica.
As you can guess–this is NOT your father’s New Orleans music festival.
Our friends at Scope have teamed up with Fuse to turn Voodoo into a social experience unlike any other. By challenging and inciting people to take on acts of social courage.
. Video MUST not exceed 60 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16×9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Should you choose to show someone using Scope in your video, you must show the proper dose, which is 2/3 of a capful, no swigging from the bottle – must be poured into cap and no swallowing the product.
4. Your Videos MUST NOT contain footage of any musicians or musical acts performing as part of VooDoo Fest.
5. Any use of an Audiosocket track obtained through Tongal in connection with the Scope Project that is outside of such Tongal member’s submission to such project is strictly prohibited.
6. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
7. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Scope.
8. Submissions must not portray Scope in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Scope.
9. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
10. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
You must be at least thirteen (13) years or older to enter.
Scope wants you to make a film that guarantees no one will forget the impact they had on The Big Easy.
The goal of this project is to create an awesome 60-second “Highlight Reel” that captures all of the Scope Social Courage in full effect at the VooDoo Music Festival in New Orleans. You will also be required to produce an additional six (6) 15-30 second videos documenting Scope’s specific activations at the festival and two (2) 15-30 second videos that we’re leaving up to your own creative devices. Maybe you want to cut together your favorite footage, tell a story of bravery you witnessed along the way, or take license to express how it felt to be a part of this socially courageous experiment. Scope’s ad agency will be your guide through the experience, putting you in the best possible seat to make an exciting film/mash up. You’ll capture experiential footage of many of the 150,000 brave concert go-ers just going for it and highlight Scope’s many brave adventures they have in store for the festival weekend. Your video should have fun with the idea that Scope gives people the courage to put themselves out there and connect with others around them in social situations at any time.
–Things to think about: “What’s the most courageous thing someone’s willing to do in a crowd?” Can you capture courageous concert-goers as they dare to kiss a stranger, attempt an epic photo bomb, and not-so-secretly swap clothes with their newest crush. Will that babe ask Lars Ulrich (please don’t sue us) to join a group hug? Will that dude swap clothes with Skrillex? Are they socially courageous enough?
–Tone / Voice: Confident, honest, fun, irreverent, unexpected, challenging, social catalyst, conversational and direct. If Scope were a person, he/she would have swagger but not be too cocky. He would be quirky and would surprise you (in a good, funny way). He’d be a straight-talker and a little mischievous but wouldn’t put people down or be malicious. It’s that person who is a catalyst – they get the party started and can find the fun in any situation.
–Key marketing message: Scope gives you long-lasting fresh breath so you can be socially courageous.
–Target Audience: Men and women in their 20’s and 30’s (bull’s eye age 28). They are highly social creatures, who crave excitement and put themselves out there. They’re the social planners for their large circle of friends. They believe life is best lived up close and personal. They don’t shy away from hugs and kisses and are often the first to dole them out. These are people who use mouthwash simply for fresh breath rather than health benefits and they’d be mortified to be caught with bad breath and hold back if they’re not sure their breath passes muster.
–Exposure: Online through a paid media plan and on Scope’s website and social media properties, as well as, Scope PR events.