1 in 3 college freshman don’t make it to their second year of college. Think about that for a moment. There’s a real disconnect in America – which has recently fallen to “average” in the international education rankings – when roughly 33 out of every 100 kids we send off to get higher education come back a year later. Dropped out. No college degree.
Despite our overwhelming obsession with Super Sizing, not even all the fast-food joints across the nation could physically accommodate that surplus of burger flippers. And unless there’s a swelling demand for ditches that we don’t know about, we’ve got a problem.
Meet Alleyoop. The solution. Alleyoop is a new online “college readiness” network for teens who may need extra help outside of the classroom to get ready for college. Truth is, many teens don’t have access to good college guidance and not everyone can afford a private tutor… until now.
1. Videos MUST not exceed 90 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16×9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Videos must mention Alleyoop once at the beginning and once at the end of your video. You must show the Alleyoop logo twice in the your video, as found under the “Assets” tab.
4. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
5. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Alleyoop.
6. Submissions must not portray Alleyoop in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Alleyoop.
7. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
8. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
Contests are open only to natural persons, thirteen (13) years or older at the time of entry (or the age as otherwise specified in a particular project’s requirements on the Project Details Page), who are registered members of the Tongal online community (each, a “Member”).
The goal of this project is to create a fun and creative 60-90 second video that generates exposure for Alleyoop as a fun brand that “gets” teens and wants to help them succeed in high school, college and ultimately a career.
Your videos should spread awareness for the overall theme of “college readiness”, the need for it, and why teens getting B’s and C’s are at high risk of going to a college and not graduating.
Lastly, Alleyoop wants to bring sexy back to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) education. STEM jobs are the highest-paying and fastest-growing careers of the future… and we think that’s pretty hot.
–Executional Mandatories: Your videos should incorporate at least one, but preferably more, of Alleyoop’s four brand pillars, as listed below:
1) Alleyoop is a fun, game-infused way to learn math and science.
2) Alleyoop understands how you learn, and provides personalized recommendations from 1,000’s of activities that will help you learn best.
3) Alleyoop is made up of a vast network of learning partners like Nat Geo, Virtual Nerd, NASA eClips, and the National Science Foundation.
4) Alleyoop is available 24/7 to help you get ahead, cram, or learn more about what you’re interested in.
–Tone: Fun, smart, energetic, supportive, zany/irreverent.
–Target Audience: Primary: Teens 13-17 years old. Secondary: Parents of Teens, and Educators.
–Exposure: Social Media, Internal and External Demonstrations.