Well-executed “Rube Goldberg”-type machines are epic. Remember the breakfast machine in the movie Pee Wee’s Big Adventure? The clever way the Goonies opened the gate for Chunk post “Truffle Shuffle” in The Goonies movie? OK Go, anyone???
Well, here’s your chance to put a Rube-y on rails and join the ranks of these incredible, innovative masterminds. HOT WHEELS® WALL TRACKS™ toy vehicles and track sets (live link: http://www.hotwheels.com/walltracks) give you exactly what you need to construct the coolest and craziest “Rube Goldberg”-inspired contraption that you could ever imagine.
We want you to put on your thinking caps to build out the HOT WHEELS® WALL TRACKS™ world of your dreams. The biggest, most complex way you can execute a simple task, the better. Your “Rube Goldberg”-inspired contraption should extend far beyond the limits of your living room and deep into your engineering imagination – run it up the side of a skyscraper or down a rabbit hole. Show how the possibilities are endless by mixing different sets and interchangeable stunts. Blow. Their. Minds.
1. This Contest is open only to Members that reside in the United States and its territories.
2. Videos MUST not exceed 120 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16×9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
3. Except as permitted by item 4, your submission must be wholly original to you and never submitted to any other party or contest.
4. Your submission must be created without the use of: (i) any property, materials, or rights of any third party, unless you have the necessary rights, permissions or authorizations to use such property, materials, or rights (in writing through your use of the Tongal-provided clearance forms [Click to link where forms are available]); or (ii) any other person’s contributions, unless you have such person’s written permission (in writing through your use of the Tongal-provided clearance forms [Click to link where forms are available]). You shall provide detailed information of your submission or any part thereof regarding the source, the creator and background information upon request by Tongal.
5. Your video should include HOT WHEELS® WALL TRACKS™ toy vehicles and track sets as a main component of your “Rube Goldberg”-inspired contraption. Accordingly, you may use Sponsor’s materials expressly permitted on the Project Details Page.
6. If you incorporate music into your submission, you are permitted to use only your original music or Tongal-licensed music that is specifically made available to you for your use in your submission.
7. Please use your best judgment given the products you are depicting. Location should be safe (not in the street, off balconies, by pools, garages, etc.), the materials used should be safe (no blowtorches, sharp objects, etc.), and any persons shown are acting in a safe and legal manner (e.g. no “jackass” type stunts).
8. Submissions must not portray the Sponsor or the HOT WHEELS® brand in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Sponsor and the Judges.
9. Submissions must keep the maturity of the intended audience in mind; show responsible and courageous treatment of serious issues; respect diversity, difference and cultures; not condone or encourage unsafe, unhealthy, reckless or illegal acts; portray adult language and situations with extreme care; not glamorize or condone gratuitous violence. The determination of the forgoing is solely at the discretion of Sponsor and the Judges.
10. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
11. Limit 5 submission(s) per Member, per phase.
Contests are open only to natural persons, thirteen (13) years or older at the time of entry (or the age as otherwise specified in a particular project’s requirements on the Project Details Page), who are registered members of the Tongal online community (each, a “Member”).
The goal of this project is to create a fun and exciting 1-2 minute video featuring a super impressive “Rube Goldberg”-inspired setup that shows just how cool HOT WHEELS® WALL TRACKS™ sets can be!
WALL TRACKS™ sets take the action off the floor and onto the wall, but we want your videos to be “off the wall” insane! Well-executed videos will amp up the “wow” factor of the WALL TRACKS™ visuals and draw attention to the different sets in the line. Videos should prominently feature HOT WHEELS® WALL TRACKS™ sets, but you are in no way limited to just those products in the pitch winner package, so feel free to incorporate other HOT WHEELS® track products to really step your contraption up a notch.