Fact – If you’re not whitening, you are yellowing. Pretty sobering thought. Makes you wish you had a Crest Whitestrips in your mouth five seconds ago, doesn’t it? The classic guilt trip…works every time.
Shock value aside, it’s worth considering. We’ve got some major love for the arch-nemeses of gleaming whites – Coffee, red wine (true love for some…), candy…Even the stuff that’s not bad for us—blueberries? Yeah, blueberries. Put into perspective – every day you’re not doing something about it, it’s getting worse. Getting yellow.
Before you freak out, remember, Crest Whitestrips are waiting for you at the local corner store. They’re like a time traveling Delorean for your white teeth. Because, the last kind of gold grill you want, is the one that’s caused by your morning Joe.
1. Videos MUST not exceed 30 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16×9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
4. Videos MUST Feature the Crest Whitestrips Professional Effects SKU, include 25x claim, specifically: “Crest 3D White Whitestrips Professional Effects whitens 25X better than a leading whitening toothpaste*” *when toothpaste is used for 4 weeks based on $ share of sales April through June 30, 2012 in Canada, and leverage the provided “If you’re not whitening, you’re yellowing” elements. This banner can be found under the Assets tab on the project page.
5. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Crest.
6. Submissions must not portray Crest in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Crest.
7. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
8. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
Due October 1, 2012
Contests are open only to natural persons, thirteen (13) years or older at the time of entry (or the age as otherwise specified in a particular project’s requirements on the Project Details Page), who are registered members of the Tongal online community (each, a “Member”).
The goal of this project is to create a fun and entertaining 30-second (and :15 second) video that will increase the relevance of the Crest Whitestrips brand. Your videos should focus on the coffee drinkers most at risk of yellowing, and make them feel like they NEED Crest Whitestrips in their life.
–Key Marketing Message: Drive consistency with the Crest Whitestrips “Over Ten Years” TVC message, as seen here. “If you are not whitening, you are yellowing.” Crest Whitestrips whiten 25X better than a leading whitening toothpaste.
–Target Audience: Primary – Women 25-54. Secondary Targets: Coffee Drinkers – consumers that stain their teeth with coffee.
–Tone: We want to “Wake Up!” the coffee drinkers, so be thoughtful about how your tone could reflect this message. The creative should be entertaining and playful, and can be somewhat provocative to evoke a response and desire to share. Stay away from over the top, offensive content that could offend consumers. Keep the video consistent with the current campaign, but also try to drive differentiation in your execution.
–Exposure: Primary – TV; secondary – Broadband, Online.