It was never easy to give LEGO Superheroes a perfect mani-pedi. And it was always a challenge trying to find just the right minifigure hair to turn your brother’s Luke Skywalker minifigure into Justin Bieber. Thanks to LEGO Friends, gone are the days of little sisters having to rebuild their brother’s LEGO City Police Station into the perfect house, and having to use the police dog as the cuddly family pet.
With LEGO Friends, girls have the ability to build a playful world and dream up creative stories about fun and friendship without their pesky brothers getting in the way. Plus, the LEGO Friends bricks even come in bright, beautiful colors like pink, purple & teal…and there are many unique mini-dolls so every girl is sure to find one that looks “just like her”!
1. Videos MUST not exceed 180 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16×9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Submissions should reference only the models provided by LEGO.
4. Videos must mention LEGO Friends at least twice (at the beginning and end of video), and must include the LEGO Friends logo.
5. Videos must include a provided bumper featuring the call to action that directs viewers to LEGOFriends.com e.g. “Play online games and learn more about LEGO Friends at LEGOFriends.com!”
6. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
7. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of LEGO.
8. Submissions must not portray LEGO in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with LEGO.
9. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
10. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
Contests are open only to natural persons, thirteen (13) years or older at the time of entry (or the age as otherwise specified in a particular project’s requirements on the Project Details Page), who are registered members of the Tongal online community (each, a “Member”).
The goal of this project is to create a fun and engaging 2-3 minute video that will get girls excited and raise awareness about LEGO Friends. Your videos should tell a story using LEGO Friends that girls will want to engage with and share. Inspire their creativity by showing them new product sets they can build and decorate too!
For inspiration, consider the following: Friendship is of the utmost importance to young girls and music is central to their lives. How could you incorporate this into your video?
Also, be sure to check out the LEGO Friends website for Story ideas, like: What kind of silly games do the Friends play during a pajama party in Olivia’s Tree House? How will they choose what new flavor cupcake to debut at the City Park Café? Who’s going to adopt the new puppy from the Heartlake City Vet?
Videos should include at least one of the following products, but it doesn’t have to be the “star”: Olivia’s House, City Park Café, Heartlake Stables, Adventure Camper, Heartlake Vet, Olivia’s Tree House
–Key Marketing Message: Build and create your world of Friends.
–Tone: Playfulness, happiness and cheer. Emphasize these feelings in your videos and have fun with humor, wit and cute exaggerations.
–Target Audience: Primary: Girls 5-9 years old, with a communication sweet spot of 8 years old. Secondary: Moms of girls 5-9 years old.
–Exposure: LEGOFriends.com, YouTube, LEGO Club, LEGO F