Many years ago, Hero Factory founder, Akiyama Makuro, realized that with so much evil at large in the universe, an inexhaustible force for good was needed to combat it. To answer the call for this great mission, he created HERO FACTORY. Today, his dream continues to thrive, dedicated to the preservation of peace and the dynamic enforcement of galactic law.
The Factory designs, builds, and dispatches robot-heroes to fight villains, solve crises, and restore peace across the universe, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. The Factory operates in the amazing Makuhero City, a modern, sprawling technopolis with a multitude of diverse and lively neighborhoods: home to millions of living robots.
1. Videos MUST not exceed 90 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16×9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Videos must feature LEGO Hero Factory products.
4. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
5. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of LEGO.
6. Submissions must not portray LEGO in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with LEGO.
7. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
8. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
Contests are open only to natural persons, thirteen (13) years or older at the time of entry (or the age as otherwise specified in a particular project’s requirements on the Project Details Page), who are registered members of the Tongal online community (each, a “Member”). A minor (for these purposes, a person under eighteen years of age as of the time of entry) submitting an entry for a Contest must receive his/her parent/legal guardian’s permission and include his/her parent’s/legal guardian’s name and daytime telephone number on the official entry form where indicated.
With LEGO Hero Factory, kids can build the bravest, most advanced heroes in the galaxy…and now you can create the most engaging, fresh, memorable and viral video content on the Internet.
Explore LEGO Hero Factory and the BREAKOUT storyline through your own unique perspective, and create a 30-90 second animated or animation/live action blend video that will create viral buzz and excitement for the LEGO Hero Factory. Feel free to push the envelope – after all, only THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE is at stake. Be bold, and explore any idea or style (humor, viral, action/epic) but keep in mind that LEGO is:
1) Looking for tone, feel, and sensibility that is different from the existing Hero Factory videos which you can see here.
2) The ultimate purpose of these videos is to drive awareness across the web to LEGO Hero Factory and to draw in new users.
–Target Audience: Videos should appeal to kids 6-10 but also should also appeal to LEGO loving web-audiences and adults. We fully expect that this will be as exciting and fun for you as the product is for the kids who use it. So remember: first and foremost we’re looking for FUN, new, and must-see / must-forward / “like” isn’t enough executions.
–Exposure: The winning videos will be used this spring by LEGO in multiple capacities including a major search campaign.