Hold on to your Duck Tape® hats, wallets and flip-flops, because the Duck is back and doubling down.
Duck brand’s first flight (sorry, we had to) on Tongal was pretty epic. Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you undoubtedly have seen this viral bit of stop motion magic and it only takes one click to get that auto-tuned “All you need is Duck Tape” jam stuck in your head for weeks. Duck brand is back and looking for something with just as much creativity, pop and pizzazz crammed into 30 short seconds (actually, :28 including the bumper).
Your mission is to convey the idea that Duck Tape® enables creative expression and individuality by customizing, decorating, repairing and crafting.
1. Videos MUST not exceed 30 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16×9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Videos MUST mention the Duck® brand a minimum of 2 times.
4. Videos MUST feature Duck® brand duct tape a minimum of 3 separate times.
5. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
6. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of ShurTech Brands.
7. Submissions must not portray Duck® brand duct tape printed packaging tape in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with ShurTech Brands.
8. Submissions MUST NOT: show any other brand of packaging tape, show Duck® brand duct tape printed packaging tape being used in a prank or dangerous activity, show Duck® brand duct tape printed packaging tape being used on people or animals, show Duck® brand duct tape being used to close a person’s mouth or restrain them.
9. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
10. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
Contests are open only to natural persons, thirteen (13) years or older at the time of entry (or the age as otherwise specified in a particular project’s requirements on the Project Details Page), who are registered members of the Tongal online community (each, a “Member”). A minor (for these purposes, a person under eighteen years of age as of the time of entry) submitting an entry for a Contest must receive his/her parent/legal guardian’s permission and include his/her parent’s/legal guardian’s name and daytime telephone number on the official entry form where indicated. If a prize is won by a minor, the prize shall be awarded to the minor’s parent or guardian, who must execute the required documentation on the minor’s behalf as a condition to the payment by Tongal of any prize money.
Contests are not open to residents of Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Syria, North Korea, Sudan, Myanmar (Burma), and Quebec, or to other individuals restricted by U.S. export controls and sanctions, and is void in any other nation, state, or province where prohibited or restricted by U.S. or local law.
The goal of this project is to create a fun 30-second broadcast TV ready video to generate excitement and buzz around Duck Tape® brand duct tape and build awareness for the broad array of Duck Tape® colors and prints.
–Target Audience: 14 – 24 year old males & females.
–Key Marketing Messages: Duck Tape® is a creative solution to almost any problem. Through a wide variety of colors and prints, it can be used as a craft medium for everything from wallets to prom dresses. Duck Tape® helps you express your ingenuity, creativity and individuality.
–Exposure: Duck® brand YouTube channel, duckbrand.com website, Duck Tape® Facebook page, Duck® brand Pinterest page, potentially TV ad pending creative review.
1st – $10,000
2nd – $5,000
3rd – $3,000
4th – $2,000
5th – 6th – $1,000