If you’ve ever played Uno, you know that there is a precise, visceral moment of victorious glee. The moment in the game when you’ve got it, you know it, and it’s time to lay the hammer down. The sheer joy of victory washes over you as you yell “UNO!!” and your opponent comes to grips with their eminent defeat.
That’s the UNO MOMENT.
What we’ve realized is that Uno moments, are much more than you screaming “UNO” at the top of your lungs, slapping down the final card on the kitchen table and making your 6 year old cousin cry. Uno moments transcend the game and happen in real life. Moments of pure joy when you’ve got someone or something in check. Moments, that, until now, when you may have been compelled to shout out “UNO” but never did.
Well friends, we’re signing your permission slips.
1. This Contest is open only to Members that reside in the United States and its territories.
2. Videos MUST not exceed :13 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16×9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
3. Except as permitted by item 4, your submission must be wholly original to you and never submitted to any other party or contest.
4. Your submission must be created without the use of: (i) any property, materials, or rights of any third party, unless you have the necessary rights, permissions or authorizations to use such property, materials, or rights (in writing through your use of the Tongal-provided clearance forms); or (ii) any other person’s contributions, unless you have such person’s written permission (in writing through your use of the Tongal-provided clearance forms). You shall provide detailed information of your submission or any part thereof regarding the source, the creator and background information upon request by Tongal.
5. Your video should include Uno. Accordingly, you may use Sponsor’s materials expressly permitted on the Project Details Page.
6. If you incorporate music into your submission, you are permitted to use only your original music or Tongal-licensed music that is specifically made available to you for your use in your submission.
7. Submissions must not portray the Sponsor or the Uno brand in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Sponsor and the Judges.
8. Submissions must keep the maturity of the intended audience in mind; show responsible and courageous treatment of serious issues; respect diversity, difference and cultures; not condone or encourage unsafe, unhealthy, reckless or illegal acts; portray adult language and situations with extreme care; not glamorize or condone gratuitous violence. The determination of the forgoing is solely at the discretion of Sponsor and the Judges.
9. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
10. Limit 5 submission(s) per Member, per phase.
Due October 11, 2012
Contests are open only to natural persons, thirteen (13) years or older at the time of entry (or the age as otherwise specified in a particular project’s requirements on the Project Details Page), who are registered members of the Tongal online community (each, a “Member”).
This Contest is open only to Members that reside in the United States and its territories
The goal of this project is to create a really funny :13 second video about a glorious “UNO moment” happening in real life, outside of the game. Remember, UNO is inherently a social game, so when you’re translating your “UNO! moments” to real life, make sure they occur in (possibly unexpected) social situations.
We want you to push the envelope, have a laugh, and make everyone from your 70 year-old grandmother to your too-cool-for-school teen think back on their very first UNO moment.
NOTE: Your video should focus on the emotional benefit associated with triumph. As the “UNO moment” is one of surprise, achievement, and laughter, we are looking for you to bring to life the fun moments that convey these emotions. Think of the “Uno!” shout out as the next iteration of “Ohhh snap!” or “Yeahhh Boyee!”
–Target Audience: Adults 18-49.
–Key Communication Message: UNO is Fast, Fun, For Everyone.
–Tone: Fun, modern, genuine, cool, with a bit of an edge.
–Executional Mandatories: Shouting “Uno!” is crucial to the content. However, please try NOT to incorporate the UNO product into your video. People are already familiar with playing the card game, we want them to see UNO moments outside of the game.
–Exposure: YouTube, Facebook, blogs, retailer websites.