Face it: pulling out wires to hook your laptop up to your TV is more annoying than trying to watch the latest viral video on a tiny mobile screen—which is more annoying than being stuck in line at the DMV behind Gilbert Gottfried scratching his nails on a chalkboard.
Honey Badger don’t care, but Google sure does. That’s why they’ve devised a way to bring awesome original content from great YouTube channels like Machinima and Nerdist straight to your TV…
With the YouTube app on Xbox 360®, now you can watch your favorite content on the biggest baddest screen in your house – from classics like “Charlie Bit My Finger” to neo-classics like that official “Call Me Maybe” music video you can’t stop watching. All you have to do is download the YouTube app on Xbox 360®, press play and you’ve got access YouTube videos so fast and smooth you would have thought this guy invented it.
1. Videos MUST not exceed 60 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16×9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
4. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Google.
5. Submissions must not portray Google, YouTube, Microsoft, Xbox, or Xbox 360® in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Google.
6. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
7. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
Contests are open only to natural persons, thirteen (13) years or older at the time of entry (or the age as otherwise specified in a particular project’s requirements on the Project Details Page), who are registered members of the Tongal online community (each, a “Member”).
The goal of this project is to create an awesome and engaging 30-60 second video to promote either 1) the new YouTube app on Xbox 360® or 2) the ability to watch official music videos on the app for the first time ever. Remember, you will not have access to / or be allowed to use any of these official music videos, so get creative with it – surely you are no stranger to YouTube, and there’s a good chance most of you own an Xbox 360®, so let’s see your funniest interpretations of how this app can make your life that much cooler, how it’s something you can’t imagine living without, and how there are virtually no limits to what can happen when YouTube and Xbox 360® get together.
–Key Marketing Message: The best way to watch YouTube is on your TV, and you can do exactly that, by downloading the new YouTube app on Xbox 360®. For the first time ever, you can watch official music videos on the YouTube app on Xbox 360®.
–Target Audience: 18-34 year old male gamers; more specifically Xbox 360® users with Gold Live membership who never downloaded the YouTube app. Since an Xbox LIVE Gold membership (sold separately) is required to use the YouTube app on Xbox®, we would like to target Xbox LIVE users who do not yet have Gold memberships and encourage them to subscribe.