Smart phone video technology is truly amazing, and the HTC One X just raised the bar. Taking cinematic capabilities to the next level, the HTC One X inspires you to capture your most amazing “Don’t Miss” moments that are so awe-inspiring, magnificent, funny, surprising or original they are truly something not to be missed, and come out looking like they were shot by a professional Hollywood director using millions of dollars in camera equipment, lighting packages… and, of course, craft services. AT&T is giving you your shot to bring your most unique events and provocative memories to life by producing video that looks so cool and so artistic that people won’t believe it was shot on a camera phone.
The mission of the #DONTMISS campaign for the HTC One X phone is to highlight the amazing video/photo capabilities of the device’s camera: Rapid-fire photo taking. Hi-res video. Low-light functionality. And the ability to pull gorgeous stills straight from video playback.
FOR THIS PROJECT, EVERY PIECE OF FOOTAGE THAT YOU USE IN YOUR VIDEO MUST BE SHOT ON THE HTC ONE X PHONE.
1. Videos MUST not exceed 2 minutes in length; minimum 30 seconds. Preferred format is HD 720p 16×9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .mp4. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. Videos MUST be shot on the HTC One X and feature an end card with attribution to being shot on the HTC One X, #DontMiss, and language indicating sponsorship by AT&T. Audio can be recorded separately and mixed in.
4. Pitch winners will each be sent one HTC One X phone to execute their videos. All HTC One X phones sent out are on loan and MUST be returned within 10 business days upon completion of this project. Instructions to return phones will be provided.
5. Any use of an Audiosocket track obtained through Tongal in connection with the AT&T HTC One X Project that is outside of such Tongal member’s submission to such project is strictly prohibited.
6. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
7. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Omelet LLC and AT&T.
8. Submissions must not portray AT&T nor the HTC One X in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with Omelet LLC and AT&T.
9. Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
10. Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry (19 in Nebraska and Alabama and 21 in Mississippi).
The goal of this project is to use the HTC One X to create a unique and provocative 30-120 second video that portrays an event that can be classified as a “Don’t Miss” moment.
This is your chance to capture something so unexpected it will make you say “OMG did you see that? Was that just Oprah on the zip line?!”
AT&T wants something rare and spontaneous that will encourage sharing and discussing, and content that will ideally allow for eye-popping stills to be pulled from the video–Target Audience: Youth, 18-24
–Exposure: Across all digital channels.
–Tone: Content wise and stylistically, the pieces can be either fictional or documentary in nature.
**As noted above, the entire video MUST be shot on the phone. Use of any other footage will disqualify the participant. At any point, we may request a raw file transfer and failure to do so will also disqualify the participant.**