Beautyrest Half-Asleep Moments Contest – Bed every 5 years for life – Over 18 yo - Due September 17, 2012
Show them your best half-asleep moment by submitting your video or photo to the Half-Asleep Moments Contest on Facebook for your chance to win a new Beautyrest bed. Each week, one video winner and one photo winner will receive our weekly prize, a Beautyrest® TruEnergy™ and adjustable NuFlex ™ Foundation from Beautyrest®.
At the end of the contest, two grand prize winners, one video entry and one photo entry, will be selected and receive a new Beautyrest® bed every five years for the rest of their lives.
Sept. 11 – Sept. 17
HOW TO ENTER:
A) Video Entry: submit an original video showing a “half asleep” moment. All videos must not exceed 50MB and must be submitted in one of the following video formats: 3gp, .mov, .avi, .wmv, .mkv, .mp4, .mpeg, .mpg, .m2ts, or .m4v. Video cannot be longer than 60 seconds.
B) Photo Entry: submit a photo showing a “half asleep” moment. Photo can be no larger than 2MB and in one of the following formats: .gif, .jpg, or .jpeg. Photo must not contain borders, identifying text overlays or adjacent credit.
The video/photo submitted (“Entry”) should depict a “half asleep” moment that incorporates humor and is authentic in nature. Limit one (1) entry per person per day provided each entry is unique (e.g. photo/video depicts a different “half asleep” moment). The person who submits an Entry is hereinafter referred to as an “Entrant”. Entry and continuing participation in the Contest is subject at any time to verification by Sponsor. Once an Entry is submitted, it may not be edited or resubmitted. No correspondence regarding the screening, verification or judging status of Entries will be undertaken by Sponsor, except as specified in these Official Rules. All Entries will be preliminarily (and at any time, may subsequently be) screened for conformity with these Official Rules confirming the requirements and permissions specified herein requested by Sponsor in its reasonable discretion and upon such screening and any verification, thereafter posted in a gallery (“Gallery”) for Public Voting, as described below in the Contest Public Voting section.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS OF CONTEST ENTRY:
Additionally, to be eligible for Contest judging and prize award, an Entry must meet the following additional requirements:
• Entry must be the original work of entrant. (Do NOT submit a video/photo that you personally did not create/take.)
• Entry may not have been previously published or entered in any promotion.
• Entry may not include any third-party intellectual property or rights. This means NO company logos, music not created/owned by entrant or trademarks should be included in the Entry as well as all other third party intellectual property rights.
• Entry cannot be obscene, indecent, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, contain profanities, depict any person, place, thing or the Sponsor or its products and services unfavorably, and must be suitable for all ages and for republication, as specified in these Official Rules or on the Sites.
• Entry cannot violate individual rights of privacy.
• Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Entry must not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco (or the use of any of the foregoing), dangerous activity or a particular political agenda.
• Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state or promote violation of such laws.
• Entries must be the specified size and format as stated in the rules. Any video or photo not correctly prepared or poor quality may be disqualified.
Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has obtained permission from each person whose image is included in the Entry, and that such person(s) have granted Entrant all necessary rights to use the person’s likeness as described in these Official Rules, including but not limited to Promotion-related publicity and general advertising and promotional purposes. If the Likeness of a minor is included, such grant of rights must include permission from the minor’s parent or legal guardian authorizing the use of the minor’s likeness on behalf of the minor. Sponsor reserves the right to request copies of such permissions. Sponsor reserves the right to reject an Entry for any reason. Entrants agree that their Entries become the property of the Sponsor, which hereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use Entry materials in any way they see fit without limitation and compensation to Entrant.
By participating in this Contest, you agree that Sponsor and Administrator and its subsidiaries and affiliates and each of their representatives, employees, agents and contractors have the right to (a) use, review, assess, evaluate, score, verify and judge your entry, publicly or otherwise, in any manner they elect, and (b) control or restrict voter qualification and the frequency and manner of voting.
The “Beautyrest® Living Half Asleep Video and Image Contest” (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) U.S. and D.C. who are 18 years of age (19 in AL and NE) and older at the time of entry.
Each week, a panel of judges will judge all eligible Entries received during that week’s entry period based on the following criteria:
(35%) Relevance to Theme: Video/Photo depicts a “Half Asleep” moment.
(25%) Video/Photo is authentic and does not appear staged.
(25%) Video/Photo incorporates humor.
(15%) Public Voting Score
Based on application of the Contest judging criteria and assuming sufficient eligible Entries are received, each week, the highest scoring Video Entry and the highest scoring Photo Entry will win a Finalist Prize (subject to verification). In the event of a tie, tie will be broken based upon the highest score for Criteria 1, then Criteria 2, and then Criteria 3 until the tie is broken. Limit one (1) Finalist Prize per person/household.
The six (6) Finalist entries will be re-judged by a panel of judges on or about 9/18/12 based on the following criteria: (50%) Relevance to Theme: Video/Photo depicts a “Half Asleep” moment;
(25%) Video/Photo is authentic and does not appear staged and (25%) Video/Photo incorporates humor, to select two (2) Grand Prize Winners (one photo, one video). In the event of a tie, tie will be broken based upon the highest score for Criteria 1, then Criteria 2, and then Criteria 3 until the tie is broken.
Judges’ decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest. All prize winners are subject to verification of eligibility and any documentation specified in these Official Rules or as reasonably required by Sponsor or Contest agents. In the event a sufficient number of eligible entries are not received in one of the two categories, Sponsor reserves the right to select both winners from the other category. Prize winners will be notified by phone and/or email.
PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”):
(2) Grand Prizes: a Beautyrest “Bed for Life” awarded in the form of a $5,000 credit for a new Beautyrest bed every five (5) years for the life of the winner beginning in 2018. (6) Weekly Finalist Prizes (2 per weekly entry period): one (1) Queen Beautyrest TruEnergy Mattress and one (1) NuFlex Foundation. ARV: $5,000. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize allowed, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for the advertised prize or any prize component, a prize/prize component of equal or greater value if the advertised prize/prize component becomes unavailable for any reason.
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions in the comments below.