The Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT launched its Blue Button video competition Oct. 1 to create awareness of consumers having easy online access to their health information, and to motivate them in how they might use it.
Many consumers, especially healthy individuals, have not thought about the importance of having 24/7 access to their health information, according to ONC’s announcement in the Federal Register.
No longer than two minutes.
The only content requirement is to mention Blue Button, show an image of the official Blue Button graphic, and direct consumers to the Blue Button site to find out more about it.
1. Create a Video no longer than 2 minutes that that mentions Blue Button, shows an image of the Blue Button logo, and encourages others to visitwww.HealthIT.gov/bluebutton for more information.
2. Register on BlueButtonVideo.Challenge.gov between October 2, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and November 13, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. ET and submit the following items (collectively, the “Submission”):
-The title of your Video;
-A link to your Video on YouTube.com or Vimeo.com;
-A text description of your Video;
-A transcript of words spoken or sung in the Video; and
-Consent forms for everyone who appears in your Video, regardless of age.
To be eligible to win a prize under this Challenge, an individual or team —
1. shall have registered to participate in the Challenge under these Official Rules;
2. shall have complied with all the requirements set forth herein;
3. shall be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry;
4. shall be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States;
Includes elements such as the creativity and coherence of the script/story.
Potential Impact on Increasing Awareness of Blue Button
Includes whether the video is compelling, inspiring, instructive, and share-able. Does this video create awareness of “Blue Button” in a way that would resonate with others?
Implementation of the Idea
Includes elements such as the quality of the video content, narrative and visual creativity, and tone of video – which should be fun, edgy and memorable.
Includes the number of plays on either YouTube or Vimeo – whichever service was linked to in the submission. The more plays the video has the better it will score in this category.