Kia Motors America has launched its latest Hamster ad campaign by giving away a new 2013 Kia Soul and other prizes. During last week’s broadcast of the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards’s, Kia aired its latest “Hamster” commercial “Bringing Down the House,” detailing the new contest for aspiring music video directors, editors and film aficionados. A panel of musicians and music video directors, including Far East Movement, Paul Hunter and Mickey Finnegan, will judge the “In My Mind” music video challenge.
• Running Time: Each Video Submission must be no longer than ninety (:90) seconds, including any credits. Sponsor reserves the right to allow for minor fluctuations between the Video Submission length limitation and the actual length of a Video Submission submitted in this Contest, as well as other minor deviations from the Video Submission Technical/Creative Requirements, based on clear intent to comply with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
• Language: All Video Submissions must be in English.
• Broadcast Setting: When uploading the Video Submission, the Broadcast setting must be set to “Public”.
• Video is formatted and encoded in accordance with the requirements listed on the YouTube Website.
• Embedding: Your Video Submission must have the YouTube embedding functionality turned “on”. You can enable embedding of your Video Submission on external sites by following these steps:
1. Select “My Uploaded Videos” in your account.
2. Click the “Edit Video Info” button to the right of the video in question.
3. Click the “Broadcasting and Sharing Options” section.
4. Click the radio button next to “Yes, external sites may embed and play this video”
5. Click the “Update Video Info” button at the bottom of the page.
• Other Requirements: In addition to the requirements listed above, the following additional items are also required for all Video Submissions:
• While there is no limit to the number of people than can be a part of the Video Submission (whether assisting in the production, editing, or appearing in the Video Submission), only the Registered User who submits the Video Submission will be considered the Entrant (the “Entrant”). In the event that a Video Submission features two (2) or more people, one (1) person in the Video Submission must introduce him/herself as the Entrant, or be easily recognizable by the Administrator Panel (as defined below) as the Entrant. Only the Entrant will be considered for the Contest. For the avoidance of doubt, the Entrant must also be the owner of the Registered YouTube Username from which the Video Submission was submitted.
• Each Video Submission must use only the “In My Mind” remix by Axwell identified on the Contest Website.
Submitting a video in this Contest is open to persons who, on the date of entry, are legal residents of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, at least eighteen (18) years of age, and who are registered users of www.youtube.com (including all mirror or derivative sites, and all replacement or successor versions thereof) (“YouTube Site”) (the registered user of the YouTube Site is a “Registered User”)
Scoring of Video Submissions will consist of a maximum potential score of 50 points based on the Administrator Panel Judging (as described below), and a maximum potential score of 50 points based on the Public Voting portion. Maximum combined potential score is 100 points.
All Eligible Video Submissions received during the Video Submission Period will be posted for public viewing on the Contest Website at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities within forty eight (48) hours of receipt.
During the Video Submission Period identified above, all Eligible Video Submissions received will be posted for public voting on the Contest Website at the sole discretion of the contest Entities within forty eight (48) hours or receipt for voting by the online community. Voters will be asked to judge the Video Submissions based on the Judging Criteria.
The six (6) Video Submissions with the highest combined Judging and Voting scores will be deemed the Potential Prize Winners and Alternates. The top three (3) will be known as the “Potential Prize Winners” and the next three (3) will be known as the “Potential Alternates”. The Potential Prize Winner with the highest overall score will be deemed the Potential Grand Prize Winner. The Potential Prize Winners with the next highest scores will be deemed the Potential First and Second Prize Winners respectively. In the event of a tie, all tied Eligible Video Submissions will be re-judged by an additional judge selected by the Administrator Panel who will break the tie using the Judging Criteria. The Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right to not award all prizes and/or select fewer than three (3) Potential Prize Winners and/or three (3) Potential Alternates if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Video Submissions. Final determination of Prize Winners are at Sponsor’s sole discretion and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Designation as a Prize Winner and/or Alternate is subject to his/her proof of eligibility and continued compliance with these Official Rules. The decisions of the Contest Entities are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including interpretation and application of these Official Rules.
One (1) Grand Prize: A 2013 Kia Soul Trim, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $14,400. One (1) First Prize: Sony HVR-Z7U HDV Professional Video Camcorder and Tripod, ARV $5,000. One (1) Second Prize: Macbook Pro with retina display Laptop including final cut pro editing software, ARV $2,500. Total Approximate Retail Value of all prizes, $21,900.
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions in the comments below.