Share how you can use technology to manage meds effectively and improve health and safety.
The Managing Meds Video Challenge is an initiative of the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The Challenge is intended to provide recognition to individuals and teams of individuals for creating inspiring and instructive videos that share how individuals can use health information technology to manage meds effectively and improve health and safety. The goal of the Challenge is to develop compelling videos that will motivate and inspire others to use health information technology to support effective medication management.
1. Create a Video no longer than 2 minutes that that demonstrates how you can use health information technology to support effective medication management. Your video must direct viewers to www.HealthIT.gov for more information.
2. Register on ManagingMeds.Challenge.gov between August 9, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and October 1, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. ET and submit the following items (collectively, the “Submission”):
-The title of your Video;
-A link to your Video on YouTube.com or Vimeo.com;
-A text description of how you can use health IT to manage medications effectively;
-A transcript of words spoken or sung in the video; and
-Consent forms for everyone who appears in your video, regardless of age.
To be eligible to win a prize under this Challenge, an individual or team —
1. shall have registered to participate in the Challenge under these Official Rules;
2. shall have complied with all the requirements set forth herein;
3. shall be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry;
4. shall be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States;
5. may not have been awarded three or more prizes cumulatively in the following ONC challenges: Healthy New Year Video Challenge (http://healthynewyear.challenge.gov), Beat Down Blood Pressure Video Challenge (http://bloodpressure.challenge.gov), and What’s in Your Health Record Video Challenge (http://yourrecord.challenge.gov);
6. may not be a Federal employee acting within the scope of their employment; and
7. may not be:
1. an employee of a commercial business whose name, brand name, product or other trademark is mentioned or featured in the Video, or
2. a contractor or employee of an affiliate, subsidiary, advertising agency, or any other company involved in marketing a commercial business, brand name, product or other trademark mentioned or featured in the Video.
All individual members of a team must meet the eligibility requirements. (Note: “Team members” do not include people whose only contribution is appearing in the video. Minors can appear in the video, as long as the necessary consent forms are provided.)
Corporations and other organizations are not eligible to enter Submissions for this Challenge.
1. Quality of the Idea (Includes elements such as relevance and originality of your use of health IT)
2. Implementation of the Idea (Includes elements such as the quality of the video content, narrative and visual appearance)
3. Potential Impact on health IT adoption (Includes whether the video is compelling, inspiring, instructive, and easy to follow so that others can perform similar activities using health technology)
The public will vote on the Submissions on ManagingMeds.Challenge.gov between October 5, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. ET and October 12, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. ET to determine a Popular Choice winner.
Honorable Mention (2 winners)
Popular Choice Award