Tell Charles Schwab how you blew your cash. Ever been guilty of blowing your cash? Tell them how for a chance to win.
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 p.m. ET on 08/24/2012.
Limit one (1) Submission per person during the Promotion Period.
Your Submission consists of three elements: your completed Official Online Entry Form, your description in 300 characters or less of something you purchased and how that purchase was one you later regretted, and a photo or video of the object or you with the object. The following restrictions and conditions apply to all Submissions:
• Image upload may not exceed 10MB in size and must be uploaded as one of the following formats: .JPG, .GIF or .PNG file.
• Video upload may not exceed 500MB. Also, the video must not exceed 90 seconds in length and must be uploaded as one of the following formats: .AVI, .MOV, .WMV, .MP4 or .MPG.
Submission must be in English and photo or video must be in digital format. Only online entries will be eligible
Participation in the Contest is limited to persons aged eighteen (18) or older who are legal adults in their place of residence, who are legal residents of and physically residing in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and who have an existing Schwab account or credit rating sufficient to qualify for a Schwab account. However, the following are excluded from eligibility:
• Employees, agents, or representatives of Sponsor, another FINRA member firm, any U.S. stock, option, or commodity exchange, or any agencies that have Contest related responsibility; and employees of any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates;
• Any member of the household or immediate family of any excluded employee. “Immediate family” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live.
• “Oh Chuck” Contest winners. “Oh Chuck” Contest entrants who were not winners are permitted to participate in the Contest and may resubmit the same Submission or submit a different Submission (limit one Submission per person during the Promotion Period).
This is not a game of chance. Odds of winning will depend on the number and quality of entries received and, in part, on Entrants’ abilities to attract online votes.
Online voting to determine up to twenty (20) Finalists.
From among the up to 20 Finalists determined through online voting, a panel of judges consisting of Schwab employees will select one (1) Grand Prize Winner, Four (4) Runner-Up Prize Winners and Three (3) Honorable Mention Prize Winners, subject to further verification of eligibility.
The judges will evaluate all Finalist Submissions applying the following judging criteria: (1) humorous and compelling nature of entry – 50%; (2) unique nature of item or circumstances described – 25%; (3) adherence to Contest assignment – 25%.
We’ll post the top 20 finalists to the Gallery on or about September 1st, and take over the judging from there. Schwab will announce the winner of the Grand Prize ($10,000 in a Schwab account) and four runners-up ($5,000 in a Schwab account) on or about September 28th, 2012.
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions in the comments below.