The competition invites oatmeal enthusiasts to submit videos demonstrating an original recipe that makes use of Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats – the official “World’s Best Oatmeal.” From the entries, three finalists will be flown to Portland, Ore., to compete in a live cook-off, and the winner of that cook-off will travel with the Bob’s Red Mill team to compete in the 19th annual Golden Spurtle World Porridge Making Championship in Scotland this October.
To enter the Spar for the Spurtle contest, interested cooks should visit www.sparforthespurtle.com to submit a video demonstration of an original recipe that makes use of Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats. Videos should be no longer than three minutes and should demonstrate a creative use of the oats. Dishes can be sweet or savory – they just need to be cooked on the stovetop and able to be created from start to finish within 30 minutes.
July 20, 2012
All entrants and winners must be individuals who are at least 18 years of age and current U.S. citizens.
The videos will be posted on www.sparforthespurtle.com where fans will be able to vote for their favorites. The top three contestants selected as the finalists will be flown to Portland for the live cook-off. During the live 30-minute cook- off, the three finalists will prepare their oatmeal recipes from scratch for a panel of celebrity judges in conditions that mirror those of the Golden Spurtle competition.
The winner of the live cook-off will receive the Grand Prize, which includes the following:
• Round-trip airfare for two to Scotland to represent the Bob’s Red Mill team at the 19 annual Golden Spurtle World Porridge Making Championship in October 2012
• Two nights’ accommodations in Edinburg, three nights’ accommodations in Carrbridge (for two)
• Rail transportation between Edinburgh and Carrbridge (for two)
• $2500 cash
Based on the video submissions, three finalists will be chosen to receive the ultimate trip for Bob’s Red Mill fans. The finalist prize package includes:
• Roundtrip airfare to Portland, Oregon
• Three-nights’ accommodations at a downtown Portland hotel
• A tour of Bob’s Red Mill led by company founder Bob Moore
• A gift basket filled with Bob’s Red Mill products and merchandise
• $100 Bob’s Red Mill Gift Card
• A spot in the live cook-off for a chance at the Grand Prize
• $100 for cook-off supplies