The Dark Green Books Short Film and Video Contest – $700 and 7 downloads – Over 18 yo – Due November 29, 2012
Calling all film makers – amateur, professional, aspiring or established – anywhere in the world! Create a powerful and popular Youtube video based on the works of Luke Andreski and win. Luke Andreski is the controversial author of To The Bridge, Hunch and Now We Are Green.
Due November 29 2012
• Entrants can generate their own soundtracks (which must be copyright of the entrant or used with the copyright holder’s express permission). Alternatively they may use those available at http://soundcloud.com/luke-andreski, either in part or in their entirety.
• The submitted video or short film must be suitable in format and size for upload onto Youtube.
• The submitted video or short film must abide by Youtube Terms and Conditions.
• To enter the competition an email, containing a link enabling download of the short film or video, must be sent to VideoComp@darkgreenbooks.com.
• Please also email VideoComp@darkgreenbooks.com the links to another locations where your video is on display and inform us by 31st December 2012 of the numbers of viewings achieved on those links.
• The film must begin with credits stating: ‘[Title] by Luke Andreski’; ‘A short film by [you]’; and end with: ‘Written by Luke Andreski’; ‘Directed, filmed and edited by [you]’; ‘From [relevant work] by Luke Andreski’; ‘© 2011 Luke Andreski www.lukeandreski.com’; ‘Luke Andreski, [you] and Dark Green Books grant permission for this video to be shared and aired in any media at any time subject to Luke Andreski being referenced as author of the spoken text.’ (Please see existing submissions for guidance.)
• Entrants to the competition must base their work on the previews freely available from the website www.lukeandreski.com, on the recordings of Luke Andreski’s work freely available from soundcloud, on the downloads available from the website www.lukeandreski.com(ranging between $2 to $6 in price) or on Luke Andreski’s works available from Amazon.
• Entrants must provide a simple and cost-free mechanism for Dark Green Books to access and download the submitted video, via a link from the submission email.
• The submission email must include the entrant’s full name, date of birth, nationality and telephone number.
The competition is open to entrants aged 18 or over.
The shortlist will be judged by a minimum of three judges with expertise in the realms of literature, film or video making and poetry. The judging criteria will include:
• Is the short film immediately effective or engaging? Does it start well?
• Does the short film keep the viewer hooked?
• Does the short film end well? Does it leave a lasting impact?
• Is the overall impact of the piece powerful and/or engaging?
• Are the visuals powerful and/or effective?
• Is the soundtrack integrated and effective?
• Does the short film offer insight into, reflect, complement or communicate the meaning behind the selected text?
• What is the number of viewings gained by the video on the competition’s Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoAndFilmComp2012) by 31st December 2012?
• What is the number of viewings gained by the video on any other Youtube channel by 31st December 2012?
$700 plus seven free downloads from www.lukeandreski.com
$200 plus three free downloads from www.lukeandreski.com
$100 plus two free downloads from www.lukeandreski.com