I can’t believe it’s not Butter! has been delighting and entertaining women in the U.S. since the ‘80s. I can’t believe it’s not Butter! became famous for its extravagant tales of delicious “romance.” There were some super suave ads featuring the unforgettable Fabio and his glorious, flowing mane. There was “Will and Grace” star Megan Mullally “Turning Tubs Around” as she tangoed throughout the supermarket. Clearly, it’s always been I can’t believe it’s not Butter!’s mission to deliver on fun in an over-the-top style that never takes itself too seriously. But as the times have changed, I can’t believe it’s not Butter! had to churn along with them.
• Videos MUST not exceed 30 seconds in length. Preferred format is HD 720p 16×9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
• Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
• In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
• Tongal has partnered with Audiosocket, a boutique music licensing agency representing more than 1,400 emerging bands, composers and record labels. Tongal members are encouraged to browse the Audiosocket catalog, available at http://audiosocket.com/.
• Videos MUST mention the full brand name, I can’t believe it’s not Butter!, at least once and show at least one visual of the I can’t believe it’s not Butter! tub.
• Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of I can’t believe it’s not Butter!.
• Submissions must not portray I can’t believe it’s not Butter! in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with I can’t believe it’s not Butter!.
• Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
• Limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
• Sponsor will be entitled to one reasonable round of revisions on the finished videos without providing additional compensation, as determined in Tongal and Sponsor’s sole discretion, in line with the standard expectations of a set of revisions for all Tongal projects. Remember it’s easier to re-edit than re-shoot so try to get as much coverage as possible. Sponsor and Tongal retain the right to reject videos not including such revisions. All decisions are in the sole discretion of Sponsor and Tongal.
Due October 22, 2012
The Contest is open only to residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of initial participation.
The goal of this project is to create an entertaining 30 second video for I c
an’t believe it’s not Butter! The winning video may even be aired on TV!
Pop culture AND over-the-top creativity are a big part of their brand and important to their consumer, so go nuts and spread some I can’t believe it’s not Butter! on your pop culture.
Also, Nutrition + Entertainment are the headlines to hit. So, use the 2009 “Turn the Tub Around” campaign as an example of a successful combination of the two.
Your video should get people to turn the tub around to discover the better-for-you benefits of I can’t believe it’s not Butter! in a fresh, original way.
So spread it on thick, because they want women to know that I can’t believe it’s not Butter! is better for them, and tastes just as good as fresh butter!
–Key Marketing Message:
• Turn the tub around and discover the delicious, fresh buttery taste that is a better alternative to butter.
• I can’t believe it’s not Butter! has 0 grams trans fat per serving, 70% less saturated fat than butter, and no cholesterol!*
*I can’t believe it’s not Butter! Original 58% vegetable oil spread contains 8g fat (2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat) and 70 calories per serving, whereas butter contains 11g fat (7g saturated fat) and 100 calories per serving.
–Executional Mandatories: You must include:
• One visual of the I can’t believe it’s not Butter! tub
• One mention of the full brand name
• The “Turn the Tub Around” call to action – but NOT the previous song used in the Megan Mullally commercial.
–Target Audience: Women 35-45 years old (Bullseye Target Age 40), Household Income $65k+, 2 children, 75% Working Full/Part Time, College graduate.
–Tone: Full of flavor. Always fun. Free of risk. Happiness-enabling. A big exclamation point after a bold statement.
–Exposure: The intention of this video project is to air the winning video on TV (e.g., Network, Cable), pending creative review. Additionally, the winning video may be used for digital distribution (e.g., YouTube, Banner ads, Facebook page, www.icantbelieveitsnotbutter.com).
1st – $25,000
2nd – $10,000
3rd – $5,000
4th – $2,500