Video For Change Contest: Non-Profits – $5,000 Fundraising Video – Open to Non profits – Due June 18, 2012
Austin-based UPG Video Marketing kicks off the second annual ‘Video for Change’ nonprofit contest on June 4, 2012 and invites eligible organizations to open their flip cameras and turn on their webcams to record an entry video and participate. The ‘Video for Change’ contest was designed to give Austin and Dallas-based nonprofits an easy-to-enter chance to:
• Showcase their causes through self-made, simple video entries;
• Attract community support with public voting-based finalist selection and a winner-selecting community judge panel; and
• Compete for a $5,000 results-driven fundraising campaign video they can use to spread awareness of their organization.
. • Make sure you have permission from the nonprofit that you’d like to represent.
• To be eligible, the nonprofit needs to be headquatered within 60 miles of Austin or Dallas, TEXAS. The nonprofit also has to have valid 501(C)3 status or is currently working with an Authorized Nonprofit Agency that is doing their fundraising on their behalf. Examples of these types of entities are Austin Community Foundation, Round Rock Community Foundation, Greenlights, TANO, etc.
• Shoot a very simple 60-90 second video using your cell phone, web cam(on your computer), FlipVideo camera or any other small recording device. DO NOT EDIT YOUR VIDEO. We’re not looking for aspiring filmmakers. We want it to be uber-simple. Just talk to the camera. Any edits will disqualify your entry.
• UPLOAD your video Between June 4th – June 18th. (you will be able to upload it via UPGVideo.com and on Facebook.)
• Once your video is uploaded, share the link with everyone you know.
• Get them to vote! The voting period will begin June 20th.
• On July 5th, the Top 5 vote-getters will be named as the Finalists.
Any registered 501(c)3 nonproft organization that is headquartered within 60 miles of Austin or Dallas, Texas.
If you’re entering on behalf of a nonprofit, make sure they’re cool with your efforts.
Get people to vote on it.
You’ll have the opportunity to share it via Facebook & Twitter to get votes. The top 5 vote-getters will make it to the finals. An all-star panel will select the winner.
THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED JULY 10th at GivingCity Austin’s Giver’s Ball, at KLRU studio 6A.