Vitamin Angels is a charity dedicated to providing essential nutrients to undernourished children around the world. These vitamins help children attain good health and the opportunity to lead meaningful and productive lives.
Vitaminwater® is working hard to change that. Through a monetary donation they’ve already given Vitamin Angels the help they need to reach over 2 million kids with vitamin A—but they want to do more. It’s time to tell the world about the work that Vitamin Angels is doing.
A specific area of focus for Vitamin Angels is vitamin A. worldwide, an estimated 190 million children under five suffer from vitamin A deficiency (VAD), a major underlying cause of child mortality and blindness around the world. However, with a simple, cost-effective vitamin A capsule every six months Vitamin Angels can help prevent VAD blindness and reduce under-five child mortality by 24% in at-risk populations – and it only costs $0.25 a year per child. Simply put, Vitamin Angels is taking on one of the biggest challenges in the world that no one is paying attention to.
1. videos must be between 60 and 150 seconds in length. preferred format is hd 720p 16×9. acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. acceptable codecs are h.264 (mp4), mpeg-4, h.263, mpgv, wmv, divx.
2. unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted, trademarked or patented material. you shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by Tongal.
3. videos must not: state by drinking vitaminwater®, you will no longer be undernourished, state that vitaminwater® is donating vitamin A to children (we’re donating money to Vitamin Angels), state that vitaminwater® is curing malnutrition, feature any vitaminwater® bottles.
4. videos must include a provided end bumper found under the assets tab of this page.
5. in the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to Tongal.
6. submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of vitaminwater®.
7. submissions must not portray vitaminwater® or Vitamin Angels in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with vitaminwater®.
9. videos must be in the english language or subtitled.
10. limit 5 submission(s) per member, per phase.
Contests are open only to natural persons, thirteen (13) years or older at the time of entry (or the age as otherwise specified in a particular project’s requirements on the Project Details Page), who are registered members of the Tongal online community (each, a “Member”).
thought starters: we suggest you get started by putting some thought into ‘A’ in all its forms:
• it’s the first letter children are taught when learning to read.
• and the third most commonly used letter in the english language.
• and if you buy a vowel, this would be the one to invest in.
• because an estimated 190 million children worldwide suffer from vitamin A deficiency.
• a major underlying cause of child mortality and blindness around the world.
• so upon reflection, it seems that the letter is a pretty powerful force…
ultimately, however, the most powerful force is going to be your heart. the authenticity and ability to tell the world—what living in a world without A means to you?
–tone: tone should be upbeat and positive (see for yourself here). Vitamin Angels as an organization is very positive and focuses on showing healthy, happy children and we want to follow their example.
–key message: the message is simple: Vitamin Angels is playing a major role in reducing vitamin A deficiency and in doing so, helping prevent VAD blindness and reduce under-five child mortality by 24%.
–target audience: 18-34 men and women.
–exposure: the best video (or videos) as selected by vitaminwater® will be the centerpiece of an enterprise wide commitment and campaign to raise awareness about the important work that Vitamin Angels is doing to reduce VAD. every time someone watches this video(s) vitaminwater® will donate another $0.25 to Vitamin Angels, which will provide a year of vitamin A for a child.